Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Artist Feature: Constance Bachman


I just stumbled upon this series of paintings by Constance Bachman via Artsy Forager. Constance discusses the idea of approaching her "'living’ subjects like a still life… placing them deliberately surrounded by an abstracted field that allows the dog itself to be the sole attraction." Personally, I am loving the way she combines form and abstraction (plus bonus points for painting dogs!).




The more I look at them, the more I am in love with the color palettes of her paintings. It is even more remarkable to me that these are painted using a palette knife (a technique I have found to be frustrating).

Discovering Bachman's paintings really could not have come with better timing. I have been looking for a way to combine my love for animals and abstractions, and these are definitely an inspiration.

See more of her work here: Sopa Fine Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment