Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Change

I may have fallen into a bit of a bad habit. While I love my artistic paintings, I am starting to realize I have been neglecting other artistic loves, abstracted animals and landscapes, and even the dreaded portraiture. A good friend of mine reminded me that Salvador Dali would visit works by the old masters, and would not leave the museum until you couldn’t tell the difference between the two artist’s works. Not that I am after that level of reproduction (maybe he could have followed his career with one in restoration?)
I’m planning on using this blog as a method for keeping myself in touch with my thoughts, and therefore in touch with my art. I do not sketch or plan nearly enough. Often, I let the paint have a mind of its own and just intuitively play with colors and compositions, but that is a dangerous path if I do not keep challenging myself. I don’t want to let myself fall into an artistic rut.




 
Plans I've been working on today, maybe these paintings will turn into a series. The question I was asking myself though, was why am I painting a wasp?

No comments:

Post a Comment